Sunday, May 8, 2011

Alaska Adventures.....

We sent a camera with Micah and this is some of what he came back with...enjoy!







"Auntie Michael" with little Miss Mary, one of the chief attractions there.
(she is a little confused - we are trying for UNCLE and MICAH! *grin*)





Dana's tractors








It's too loud for Mary




She's a goof


Reading her Bible story book




An Alaskan road, ruts,potholes and all


The beginning of their 110 mile snowmachine trip Dana took them on to the White Mountains


We have picture of this same spot 5 yrs. ago when we were there. Except it was summer!
these were taken the 3rd week in April!








Micah in his glory, I'm sure! *grin*


The cabin along the trail that they stayed in


Dana, 2 other guys, Micah and Dad







The pinetrees look so small compared to the mountain




(Dana's behind the moose which was up to it's belly in snow)


The corker






Tucked in her bed


Almost ready for church




Dana's new addition












I think she liked her hair in a braid




Mary's cousin Jude





Uh oh-alligator tears!


The pipeline as in The Alaska Pipeline


That's how thick the ice on the river was


Ice breaking up on the river


We're VERY glad to have them back safe and sound!

*

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Ps.19:14

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Mary is getting SO BIG!!! WOW! I love all the pictures too...it looks so peaceful there. Thanks for sharing with us! :)

James and Emily said...

It looks so beautiful there - but no thanks, I think I will take our summer! :)I am sure they enjoyed their trip and yet it is always good to have the family back together again. Thanks for the pictures Micah!

Unknown said...

GREAT pictures Micah!