Tuesday, July 3, 2012

These busy, wonderful, summer days!

After being inspired by Micah to be in 4-H and show beef, Frankie, (Micah's buddy) is now going to show Micah's heifer at the fair this August. He's been over a couple times to work with her.
It looks like he's doing a good job too. Glad you could join in the 4-H fun, Frankie! :)
Micah working with Opie

Working together
They get along well together...... *grin*
Afterwards everyone joins in the water war fun....

 

Is Micah's swimming pool just a little too small?!
He's got an advantage when he's sitting on all that water

***
Friday evening company
Wonder what they were talking about??

Everyone had to try out Kay's crutches.....:)
(a little mishap with her steer)
Bridge picture
If you see roundbales you have to play on them, that's all there is to it.

How do we get up? Best option: (esp. if you're kind of short) start running from a mile away and then take a big leap. You should end up on top of the bale.
Is it me or is that bale tipping? Hm, too much weight?? :)
Sister pic.

Little boys...

Razz was getting spoiled!

***

Micah all ready to leave on his week-long bike trip
***
All of us girls(minus Joanna), went and did our BQA (beef quality assurance) training a couple of weeks ago. Part of the training requirement was everyone had to give a shot. It was pretty simple.
One of the cow victims

(Amy was trying out the shutter speed on her camera)
The clouds were very neat!

***

Father's Day. Every year we suprise Dad with..........more tools! (to replace the ones the kids misplaced or broke)

:)
Our super cool Mom!
And then there's Jo. She's been doing the milking every morning while Amy and Kay are away and that is a HUGE blessing! Thanks Jo!!!!!

We shall end with our sleeping beauty a.k.a. Nathan, tuckered out after a busy day. :)

***

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might." Ephesians 6:10

7 comments:

Shannah said...

Great pictures!!! =) Love the bales!!! I think that's where we should get our next family pictures...in the middle of a field with hay bales here and there!!! Did you get a new camera, Amy??? Like the two "shutter speed" ones!!! =) If we ever come visit you, can we go there for a photo shoot???

Kay said...

Aww, I love the post Ju!!!!!! Micah in his little PINK pool is GREAT!!!! Frankie looks like he knows what he is doing w/ Micah's heifer. Missing you all:):):)

Rose said...

Well, it's nice to see that Micah has graduated from his little blue bin up to a real pool, haha. (Can you believe he and Josiah ever fit in that little bin together?!?)
And um, I miss you all...the Ruths too!! But, why does Kay have crutches for everyone to try out anyway??
And lastly.. where did Amy and Kay go??

James and Emily said...

Love Micah's pool - perfect fit. ;) And I have to agree with Rose that it is nice seeing you all and the Ruth as well....I miss everyone TONS!!! And Frankie! Wow, he grew up on me! Lol, I think I need to make trips "home" more frequently. :)

Amy Jo said...

Shannah....sure come on up. No telling how long the bales will be there though!
Rose....yeah, I can't believe they were once that small! Aim and Kay are at Chad's and Kay's cow stepped on her which is why the crutches. Does that satisfy you? :)
Cousin Em....yes, you need to come "home" again! Can't wait to see you soon!

Megan said...

The hay bale pictures look pretty fun!! :D

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures! It was great to see pictures of everyone and I hadn't seen any pics of the Ruths in years. Please tell them I said hi next time you see them.
I miss you girls.