First we shall start with these:

Frosting cookies with our cousins. Actually here we are eating the frosting but we really did put the frosting ON the cookies! =D And thanks, Hill,for the pics.!

But first we got a little carried away and the frosting ended up on US before it ended up on the cookies. If you haven't noticed by now, we just love playing with our food!
***

Lately us kids have been playing lots of games like checkers, othello, phase 10, battle ship, slap jack and uno. The funnest part about the game is not the actual game but the conversations we get into during the game. A certain brother of ours gets a kick out of adding to these conversations including telling certain sisters how blonde they are when they accidentally go out-of-turn or make a dumb move and singing cheezy songs with another partner in crime to annoy the eldest member of the family.Everything turns hysterical really fast!

Afterwards we chill and eat ice cream. Moose Tracks to be exact. And not every night. In fact, we rarely eat ice cream at all so when we do, it is a treat! Thanks Mom! =D We usually eat out of bowls but since a certain sibling only put 2 bowls on the table when there are 6 people we just helped ourselves this way.
***

Beautiful snowflakes that just keep melting!

Making butter! It sounds so old-fashioned and quaint but just to let you all know, I wasn't sitting in a corner churning with a big wooden churn for hours to get this. All I did was dump the cream in Mom's amazing Vitamix and pronto--you've got butter! I thought 2 1/2 lbs was alot to make at a time until I read in Farmer Boy that Almanzo's Mother sold 500 lbs of home made butter to the butter buyer when he came to their home.
***

This cute boy lives at the horse barn where my cousin, Theresa works. Last Sat. Kayla and I went with her to go riding. I think his name is Bell Boy?? He was very lazy but since he was so cute, he kind of made up for it, lol.

Another one....

The baby of the place

Kay riding. The arena is not really green but Mom's camera was not cooperating.
Thanks Theresa for the fun! We'll have to ride again soon!
4 comments:
MMMMM!!! Ice cream!!! I'll come!!!
Ice cream is a favorite in our house, too. ;) I love horseback riding!! :D
Icing cookies is ALWAYS messy in our house!! :-)
Decorating cookies with you all was a load of fun. Anything we do with y'all somehow turns into the best memories!!!
Eating ice cream out of the box! Now I know what you do when your parents are gone. =)
Hillary
Post a Comment