Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kansas

snow geese in Kansas. Seeing these sure got Lester excited! We wanted to tour the Pony Express Museum, but it hadn't opened for the season yet.

Downtown Liberty, Nebraska! Notice the gravel streets and not a traffic sign to be seen!Wide open spaces, a sunny, breezy day and big blue skies. Who says Montana has to have the market on Big Sky Country?

Kansas has it all........
wild lifecowscorncountry roads...and Famous Daves!
OoPs! A little food with your BBQ sauce?
David and Rhoda~Much help needed here I guess!I think they'll be OKRelaxation!Kansas creativityour host home....the Moms and Dads with 'the kids'I want one of these........a visit in Illinois on the way home. This couple are friends of our friends. They farm 900 acres - corn, soybeans and............pumpkins!!Only in Holmes County. A tractor and manure spreader parked at Troyers Market. One of my favorite places to shop when we lived in Ohiothis is the bookstore where I purchase some of my curriculum....Ahhh.....a little taste of a slower pace and simpler times. We all need a reminder now and then.

4 comments:

Maria said...

I like the pictures!!! Mom was wondering if you were in Kidron and didn't even come to see her...???

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!!! You guys know that there is a Famous Dave's here too, right? YUMMMMM!!!

Amy Jo said...

Sorry Yoders! The trip wasn't quite long enough!

Megan Russell said...

That's so cool!! Where in Illinois were you? We just moved to Wisconsin, right on the border of Illinois and Iowa.